Sunday, May 21, 2006

Renovation

I chanced upon Paulo Coelho's blog and I am reminded that when we want something, the whole Universe conspires in our favor.

Everything is a blessing to me even when it was presented in an atrocious manner. Leaving work, busted relationships, broken alliances, accidents --every mishap-- happens for a reason. I've learned to let go and put things where it should be in the past, where it should be now, and the possibilities of that lay in the future. Possibilities.

Quite literally, our house is subjected to this evolution as well. Today, we are repairing house from its cancer. Replaced worn-out floor and damaged ceiling. Repainted and restored cracked walls. Mounted new shelves (a must). Secured most of our furniture at the garage along with boxes of knick knacks.

It was time to change. It was so timely with my own evolution as well and that is comforting to know. It was like the house became the manifestation of my own growth.

I have my own cancer and I am dealing with these tyrant cells everyday.
1. exhausting atm/passbook. I don't really like remembering that I splurge. I honestly didn't save any during my 3rd year of teaching. I was successful the first year until the second year but after that, saving didn't make sense so I spent it. I wont discuss why it came to a point that it didn't make sense anymore, but if you want to know, ask me.

Now, I'm officially unemployed. I felt the need to be meager in spending, like the way I used to be when I was still a student. And I made it. I regained control over my spend spend spend behavior. That is a blessing.

2. being indifferent to power trippers. I let them be and I let myself be unharmed from their pointed claws. I've steered away from nasty confrontation and back-stabs. Feels good to be guilt free.

3. letting things pass thinking it will come back. I think it is self-explanatory.

oh well, i hope the house will look less cluttered after the renovation and i hope the same goes with my dear life.

No comments: